My Honest Poem



I was born on July 27th
I hear that makes me a Leo
I have no idea what that actually means
Iʼm 5ʼ6” (and a half)
I weigh 145 lbs
I donʼt know how to swim
And Iʼm a sucker for a girl with a nice smile and clean sneakers
Iʼm still learning how to whisper
Iʼm often loud in places where I should be quiet
Iʼm often quiet in places where I should be loud
I was born feet first and Iʼve been backwards ever since
I like ginger ale… a lot
Iʼve been told that I give really bad hugs
People say it feels like Iʼm trying to escape
Itʼs probably because I am
Secretly I get really nervous every time someone gets close enough to hear me breathe
I have an odd fascination with things like sand castles and ice sculptures
I assume itʼs because I usually find myself dedicating time to things that will only last a few moments
I guess thatʼs why I fall in love with women who will never love me back
And I know that sounds crazy but itʼs easier than it seems
And to be honest I think itʼs safer that way
You see relationships often remind that Iʼm not afraid of heights or falling
But I am scared to death of everything thatʼs going to happen the very moment
That my body hits the ground
Iʼm clumsy
Yesterday I tripped over my self-esteem
Landed on my pride and it shattered like an iPhone with a broken face
Now I canʼt even tell whoʼs trying to give me a compliment

Iʼve never been in the military but I have this purple heart
I got it from beating myself up over things I canʼt fix
I know this sounds weird but I wonder what my bed sheets say about me when iʼm not around
I wonder what the curtains would do if they found out about all the things iʼve done
behind their back
I have a hamper thatʼs over flowing with really really loud mistakes
And a grave yard in my closet
Iʼm afraid if I let you see my skeletons
Youʼd grind my bones into powder and get high off my fault lines.

Hi, my name is Rudy
I enjoy frozen yogurt, people watching, and laughing for absolutely no reason at all
But I donʼt allow myself to cry as often as I need to
I have solar power confidence
And a battery operated smile
My hobbies include:
Editing my life story
Hiding behind metaphors
And trying to convince my shadow
That Iʼm someone worth following
You see, I donʼt know much but I do know this:
I know that heaven is full of music
And I know that God,
He listens to my heartbeat on his iPod
It reminds him that we still got work to do.

-Rudy Francisco