Pen Name

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
-George Eliot

This is one of my favorite quotes. I love that George Eliot isn't this author's real name. It's just a pen name. Her real name was Mary Anne Evans. She chose George (a man's name) to ensure that her writing was taken seriously. (Isn't sexism awesome?)

I want you to create a blog under a pseudonym (or alias, or AKA, or pen name). Here are some examples from past writers:
  • Norma Jean (Marilyn Monroe's real name)
  • William H. Bonney (Billy the Kid)
  • Tyler Durden (character from Fight Club)
  • Holly Golightly (character from Breakfast at Tiffany's)
  • Chali 2na (rapper from Jurassic 5)
  • Bombalurina (from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats)
  • Pete Maravich (used to play for the Utah Jazz)
  • Dottie Kemenshek (from the movie A League of Their Own)
  • Quentin Tarantino (directed Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill)
  • TheAbstract (alias of Q-Tip, rapper from A Tribe Called Quest)
  • Len Bias (Maryland basketball player)
  • Regina George (character from Mean Girls)
  • Calvin Broadus, Jr. (Snoop Doggy Dogg's real name)
  • Clementine Kruczynski (Kate Winslet's character in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
  • Joel Barish (Jim Carrey's character in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
  • Kat Stratford (main character in 10 Things I Hate About You)
My pen name is Harold Miner. He was my favorite basketball player when I was younger, but he never reached his potential. Strangely, his story inspires me.