Daily Sentence

Copy these sentences in your journal (p. 81-90). 
  1. I am Outcast. (Speak / Anderson)
  2. I stand in the center aisle of the auditorium, a wounded zebra in a National Geographic special, looking for someone, anyone, to sit next to. (Speak / Anderson)
  3. But she's like a dog that keeps jumping into your lap. (Speak / Anderson)
  4. If it weren't for her attitude, it would be easier to deal with all this. (Speak / Anderson)
  5. My job is to nod or shake my head, to say "I know what you mean," when I don't, and "That is so unfair," when it isn't. (Speak / Anderson)
  6. FIND YOUR OWN SENTENCE. 
  7. As a citizen, and as a student, I am protesting the tone of this lesson as racist, intolerant, and xenophobic. (Speak / Anderson)
  8. Cutting dead frogs is cool. (Speak / Anderson)
  9. I bet kids in Arizona enjoy playing hooky more than kids trapped in Central New York.  (Speak / Anderson) 
  10. Me: [inside my head] Would you listen? (Speak / Anderson)
  11. When I was a little kid, I used to pretend I was a princess who had been adopted when my kingdom was overrun by bad guys. (Speak / Anderson)
  12. She and Kim take mental-health days together. (Speak / Anderson)
  13. But I want to finish this tree. (Speak / Anderson) 
  14. And then my friend Carlos' brother got murdered for his Fours, whoa. (Wings / Macklemore)
  15. You just might find who you're supposed to be. (Fifteen / Taylor Swift) 
  16. FIND YOUR OWN SENTENCE (from the book you're going to sell today). 
  17. They "should be tarred and feathered," one man wrote to De Voe. (You Make the Call / Reilly) 
  18. You and your brethren possess something that is not yours. (The Da Vinci Code / Brown)
  19. Our smiles are wide, our chins square, and our tennis serves aggressive. (We Were Liars / Lockhart)
  20. Then he reminds us, through the stories he shares, what toughness really is.  (Toughness / Bilas)

    Copy these sentences in your journal (p. 81-90).
  21.  This is a demonstration of the well-trained body's ability to absorb a direct blow. (Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close / Foer) 
  22. If I were a musician, I would have composed music. (The Last Lecture / Pausch)
  23. For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night. (Romeo & Juliet / Shakespeare) 
  24. Maybe we're trying to turn the clocks back to see what else we could've saved. (Distractions / Nelson)
  25. We've been breathing in and out for months, but only now can you actually see our breath. (Distractions / Nelson)
  26. People either love me or they hate me, or they don't really care. (Wall and Piece / Banksy) 
  27. Rule number one: You listen. (Thirteen Reasons Why / Asher) 
  28. “Okay, this is it! Everybody out! Let’s go. Let’s go!” (The Journal of Scott Pendleton Collins - A World War II Soldier)
Words (P. 81-90)
predict
monster
conspiracy
reasonable doubt
grandiose
uzi
prosecutor
defendant
annotate
imply
infer
testify
prejudice
intent
suspicious
critical thinking