Role Model'

Role Model

By Kyle Nelson

Back in high school I was funny

Looking

But sometimes I was serious

Ly annoying

Back in high school I was kind

Of a nobody

Back in high school I was money

hungry

Back in high school I was the strongest in my class

My, uh, first period dance class

Back in high school I was a player

A video game player

Back in high school I got all the girls

A piece of gum if they asked me

I knew how to play the game

But they didn’t usually talk to me

Cuz they didn’t know my name

Nah, I’m just playing

Back in high school I was a pimp

One year for Halloween

Word to my mother

The finest girl called my house one day

To talk to my older brother

I mean, don’t get me wrong

I had love

Handles

I made out with cute girls all the time----

In my imagination

My first kiss wasn’t memorable

But man she was pretty

Much the easiest girl in the city

No, no, no, see

Back in high school I worked it

(Beatbox)

I worked it

(Beatbox)

I worked it.

I worked. It sucked.

I worked after school. It sucked.

I worked on weekends. It sucked.

I worked all the time

Back in high school I never committed a crime

By myself

Back in high school I never cheated

On anyone

cuz I never had a girlfriend

But I rocked the newest trends

I had the nicest things

The sweetest kicks

And diamond rings

I went to the mall like every day

And I didn’t pay

Cuz back in high school I had the nicest clothes

On layaway.

Because I couldn’t afford them.

I was dangerous

-ly close to becoming a loser.

Back in high school I was mature

-ing at a much slower rate than my peers

I had the nicest hair

On my legs. It was blonde. Peach fuzz. People asked me if I shaved.

I didn’t.

Back in high school I was smooth

Look, I was a late bloomer, okay? I’m sick of talking about it.

Back in high school I was BOSS

-ed around my sister, my mom

Back in high school I was in charge

Of taking out the garbage and

the kitty litter

Back in high school I was always on

The couch

I was always on my sister’s nerves

My mother’s mind

I was always on the internet

But I was never alone

Cuz back in high school I listened

To my sister’s conversations on the phone

Back in high school I was the man

Liest kid in my first period dance class. Have I already told you about that class? It was awesome. I learned how to pada beret and fouette (WATCH THIS).

(Gangster walk)

Back in high school I was a G

E-E-K

I took off my shirt like every day

In gym class. It was part of the game

To this day

I remember the humiliation and the pain

I’m just playing

Back in high school I was never scared

In public

I had respect

For no one

Back in high school I swore

(no seriously, I swore a lot)

Back in high school I was strong-

Armed by my dad

I got beat up by my older brother

I discovered-----

That they weren’t perfect

Back in high school I used to run

My mouth

I used to run – home from school

From the cops

From my problems

I used to run - With the bad crowd

Away from home

Away from my parents

Away from it all

I hated school

Back in high school I never thought

That I’d become a teacher

But here I am.

Thank you.